Monday, February 9, 2009

Reflection: Tools and Technique

In the beginning of this project I borrowed a digital camera to take pictures of the people I was going to use for my project.  Once I had all the people, I uploaded the pictures to my school account.  To put together my collage, I used the Quick Selection tool to help me cut the background out of the picture so I only had the person in it.  I then found a photo of San Francisco to use as the collage background, and used the Move tool to drag the photos over this new background.  While revising, I created a duplicate of my background in Photoshop and put that in front of everything else so it would cover everything up.  Using the Quick Selection tool again, I selected all of the area above the skyline of the background, and that would be the area that I would have the people peek through.  I used the Move tool to arrange the images of the people so that they would appear to be a part of the skyline, kind of peeking through.  I also put a layer mask over the layers that had the pictures of the people in them, so that I could use the Paintbrush to paint black over parts of it so I could successfully fade the people into the picture like I originally wanted to do.

No comments: